Château La Lagune is located on an alluvial terrace parallel to the palus (rich soil that is less good for winegrowing) bordering the river. The “Village de Lagune” was founded here in 1525. Circa 1587, a tenant farm was built in its place and gradual investments led to the transformation of several modest leaseholds into a major winegrowing estate.
There have been several owners over the years. The lovely château we know today was built between 1730 and 1734. In 1855, La Lagune joined the select club of grands crus classés as a third growth. The Sèze family acquired La Lagune in 1886, and remained owners until 1956. They were followed by Georges Brunet, who gave a new impetus to the estate before selling it to the Ayala Champagne House in 1964.
The estate was handed over to the Frey family in 2000, who undertook large-scale investments to achieve overall excellence and respect for the environment. Château La Lagune has been certified organic since 2016.
Le Moulin de La Lagune is the second wine from the château. It is a structured yet elegant Haut-Médoc wine which, after 20 years since its harvest has matured into a well-balanced, complex and beautifully structured wine.
Second wine: Moulin de La Lagune
|Area Under Vine:||110 hectares|
|Grape Varieties:||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot|
|Ageing:||18 months- New barrels: 50%|
|Second wine:||Moulin de La Lagune|
|Contact||Château La Lagune