Château Fourcas Dupré boasts 47 hectares of vines grown in a single block on a 42-metre rise nicknamed the "roof of the Médoc", benefiting from excellent natural drainage.
The terroir is an unusual blend of gravel, clay, and limestone conducive to producing complex, elegant wines with great aging potential. The 80% Pyrenean gravel soils make for wines with strong personality.
In July 2019, Gérard Jicquel acquired the château to fulfill his passion to produce Bordeaux red wines. His dearest wish now is to ensure the chateau produces wines of outstanding quality.
Château Fourcas Dupré is committed to becoming an estate where wine professionals and enthusiasts alike find a unique, modern place where wine is the driving force of a true passion.
- Area Under Vine: 47.49 ha
- Production: 200,000 bottles
- Soil: Pyrenean gravel with clay-limestone subsoil
- Grape Varieties: 49% Merlot, 49% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Petit Verdot
- Ageing: 12 months in barrel - New barrels: 30%
- Second Wine: Bellevue de Fourcas Dupré
- Le Fourcas - 33480 Listrac-Médoc
- Tel.: +33 (0)5 56 58 01 07
- Owner: Gérard licquel
- Director: Lucas Leclercq
- Facebook: Château Fourcas Dupré
- Instagram: @fourcasdupre