Since 1810, Château Fourcas Hosten has been passed down to numerous generations, who have each played their part in building its reputation and future while preserving its traditions.
Renaud and Laurent Momméja are fully committed to developing the estate to produce wines that express their terroir. Their forward-thinking approach is reflected in the château's conversion to organic vineyard management.
Meanwhile, a vast replanting programme has been undertaken in the vineyard to perfectly match the grape varieties to the soil. Blending two complementary day-limestone and Pyrenean gravel terroirs, the wines of Château Fourcas Hosten feature a perfect balance between crisp fruit and complex flavours with a velvety texture. The elegant tannic structure accounts for the wine's superb finesse.
- Area Under Vine: 40 hectares
- Production: 130,000 bottles
- Soil: 25 hectares of Pyrenean gravel and 15 hectares of clay-limestone soil
- Grape Varieties: 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 2.5% Cabernet Franc, 2.5% Petit Verdot
- Ageing: 12 months in barrel - New barrels: 33%
- Second Wine: Les Cèdres d'Hosten
- 5, rue Odilon Redon - 33480 Listrac-Médoc
- Tel.: +33 (0)5 56 58 01 15
- Facebook: chateaufourcashosten
- Instagram: fourcashosten